bike will not turn off !!!!!!

General Top Dead Center discussion. If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here.

Moderators: joe, Tuna Cowboy

bike will not turn off !!!!!!

Postby GoldBeachScooterBoy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:23 pm

hey guys, just rewired my stator on my 79 p200. replaced all the cracked and crusty wiring. Having trouble. first off it started right up!! but here is where the trouble comes in, would not turn off with ( run) switch and or with ignition key turned off. the wiring from the main harness has 5 wires going to junction box- yellow, yellow, violet,black, green. it does not make sense. my haynes manual shows different colors. checked on line and that diagram shows a different color layout. I copied a different stator that i have from another bike.

where can i find a good visual diagram of how the connection to the junction box should be?

when i reinstalled stator, motor turned over ( first kick) all lights worked.

played around with connections in junction box . it did not fix problem. in fact i have no lights now. ( maybe a blown fuse?)

Help Please!!
GoldBeachScooterBoy

Re: bike will not turn off !!!!!!

Postby Tuna Cowboy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:51 pm

The green wire connecting to ground is how the bike shuts off. You should check along the green wire and see if it doesn't have a connection to ground you can always make a jumper wire from the green and then touch it to ground in order to kill the bike if you're testing it and you don't know if it will actually shut off when you test it. Hope that helps. you can also post pics on the Flickr so we can see what the problem might be. http://www.vespamaintenance.com is my favorite p website.
Cheers,
Geoff
Tuna Cowboy
Forum Moderator

Postby Tuna Cowboy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:48 pm

Also scooterhelp.com has all the wiring PDF files.
Cheers,
Geoff
Tuna Cowboy
Forum Moderator

Postby Dave » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:06 am

I think we may have got it fixed.
English Dave
Dave

Return to TDC General