P Project #2

If you're having a problem with your scoot, drop us a line!

Moderator: Tuna Cowboy

Re: P Project #2

Postby jeffreyned » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:45 pm

spiderwebb wrote:http://scoot.net/classifieds/forsale.html?id=36636

Good eye Will, thanks. I emailed the guy.
jeffreyned

Postby jeffreyned » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:00 am

So I got that crank in the mail yesterday. Yay! I'm thinking I should cut it before installing it. I'm hoping Gearless can help me out on that, seeing as he has already done that before. Also got a new head without the gasket ring. I plan on checking and adjusting the squish with that one to get it just right for fastness. 8)

I'll ride it that way and see how fast it goes and how much I like it. Then one day I'll build it up with the Polini kit and a Gran Sport piston. 8)
jeffreyned

Postby joe » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:56 am

jeffreyned wrote:So I got that crank in the mail yesterday. Yay! I'm thinking I should cut it before installing it. I'm hoping Gearless can help me out on that, seeing as he has already done that before. Also got a new head without the gasket ring. I plan on checking and adjusting the squish with that one to get it just right for fastness. 8)

I'll ride it that way and see how fast it goes and how much I like it. Then one day I'll build it up with the Polini kit and a Gran Sport piston. 8)

isn't the mazzucchelli crank already cut?
Site Admin

Postby jeffreyned » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:32 am

joe wrote:
jeffreyned wrote:So I got that crank in the mail yesterday. Yay! I'm thinking I should cut it before installing it. I'm hoping Gearless can help me out on that, seeing as he has already done that before. Also got a new head without the gasket ring. I plan on checking and adjusting the squish with that one to get it just right for fastness. 8)

isn't the mazzucchelli crank already cut?

The red P got the Mazzy crank that was "race cut". The crank I bought for the blue P isn't. I tried using the crank that Landon already cut, but the main bearings were too loose. So now, before I install it, I'd like to get him to cut it for me.
jeffreyned

Postby joe » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:57 am

Hack that shit :evil:
Site Admin

Postby jeffreyned » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:23 pm

I need to finish building this one and get it sold. I'm having day dreams about selling it and picking up that GS project that Mark has in Bend. My plan would be to transplant the P200 engine into it, get some nice silver paint on it, and make it my daily ride. 8)
jeffreyned

Postby Gearless42 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:12 pm

I got the Germans whittling me a new crank as we type! Probably have yours back out and cut in a week
If you keep fiddling with it, it's going to fall off...
~Landon
Gearless42

Postby joe » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:34 pm

jeffreyned wrote:I need to finish building this one and get it sold. I'm having day dreams about selling it and picking up that GS project that Mark has in Bend. My plan would be to transplant the P200 engine into it, get some nice silver paint on it, and make it my daily ride. 8)

before cutting the frame and welding up the bracket to hold the p motor in the GS 150 frame, give the original lump a spin. I have heard great things about them.
Site Admin

Postby jeffreyned » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:07 pm

I didn't realize it had an engine. I didn't really look that close. Dave told me a bit about the engine today. If I wouldn't get left in the dust on group rides and don't have to search the world over every time I need a bearing or bushing, I'd be happy to run a stock set up. :D
jeffreyned

Previous

Return to Scooter Workshop